Guggenheim Pavilion, 2nd Floor
1468 Madison Ave @ 100th Street (revolving door entrance)
Admissions Registration Area
These are some of the procedures that usually require hospital admission postoperatively
- Transurethral prostatectomy (TURP)
- Open prostatectomy
- Pubovaginal sling
- Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) placement
- Penile prosthesis placement
- Pelvic prolapse repair
- Augmentation cystoplasty
Instructions For Preparation
- Because you will be admitted to the hospital after surgery, please be sure to bring whatever supplies you will need for your hospital stay.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your appointment.
- Do not take any aspirin or other known blood thinners for at least 10 days before surgery.
- If you need to take any medications on the day of your procedure, you may swallow them with small sips of water.
- If you are taking Glucophage (metformin) for diabetes, discontinue 24 hours before surgery. You may resume the medication 24 hours after surgery.
- Because you will be receiving anesthesia during treatment, you will need to undergo certain tests (blood analysis, chest X-ray, EKG, etc.) prior to the procedure to ensure that it is safe to proceed with treatment.
- Bring your insurance card(s) with you for registration. Prior authorization from your insurance company will be taken care of by our office.
If you are over the age of 30, certain pre-operative testing requirements apply. Depending on your specific medical needs, testing may include blood chemistry profile, urinalysis, chest X-ray, EKG (electrocardiogram), and other diagnostic tests as needed. Pretesting may be arranged at Mount Sinai Hospital or you may make independent arrangements with your private doctor. If pretesting is done by your private physician, these results must be received by our office at least 24 hours before the scheduled procedure.