Instructions For Preparation
- On the night before your appointment, you may have a normal dinner
- After dinner, take one (1) antibiotic pill
- On the morning of the procedure, about 2 hours before the scheduled appointment, administer a Fleet enema, using the instructions on the box.
- After the enema, take the second antibiotic pill
- If you are able to have a good “satisfying” bowel movement without the need for an enema, that’s also OK.
- As long as your rectum is empty at the time of the procedure.
- You may have a normal breakfast the morning of the procedure
- Do not take aspirin or other known blood thinners for ten (10) days before the procedure
- If you have any questions about blood thinners, please contact Dr. Vapnek well in advance of your biopsy.
Afterwards you may return home or to work.
This procedure is usually performed in the office at 229 East 79th Street.